We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promise the welfare of all pupils and staff. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school’s Child Protection Team consists of: Miss Jen Ashworth (Designated Senior Lead) Miss Sophie Gooding & Mrs Emma Frith (Safeguarding Officers)
The school adheres to the following DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- The Prevent Duty 2015
All staff receive annual Child Protection and Safeguarding update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school. If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Child Protection Team.
-Updated September 2019
Please refer to the Policies section on our website for a copy of Eden’s Schools Safeguarding Policy.
Think U Know – Website please click here
Brook – please click here
Please click on the below button to access the CEOP page
Useful Telephone Contact Numbers
- Children’s Social Care MASH Hub: 01254 666991
- Megan Dumpleton Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO): 01254-585184
- Kelly Lamster- Education Safeguarding Officer BWD: 01254 666991
- Local Safeguarding Children Website: http://www.lscb.org.uk
- Emergency Duty Team (Out of Hours): 01254-587547
- Channel (to report concerns or seek advice about radicalisation) 01254 353591
- Police: 101
- Senior Designated Person: 01254261655
If any person wishes to report an instance of harm against a young person by a member of staff they should contact Jen Ashworth on 01254 790241.