Mental Health Support Teams (school-based)
All Eden pupils have access to support through the schools based Mental Health Support team.
The MHSTs provide direct, ongoing mental health and wellbeing support that includes:
- Evidence based interventions
- coping with issues such as exam stress and bullying, concerns related to historical self-harm and injury and learning to cope/new strategies
- Emotional difficulties that are secondary to autistic spectrum disorder or ADHD or learning difficulties
- One to one and group sessions, assemblies and whole class support
- Education, advice and training to staff within schools, with support for the mental health lead within each school or college
- Advice to school and college staff and liaising with external specialist services to help children and young people to get the right support and remain in education
- Parent led sessions as groups or 1:1s
- Parent education sessions e.g., the internet and the impact on mental health
Pupils have access to regular drop-in sessions where they can speak to our allocated Mental Health Practitioner directly.
Referrals are also made through school via Miss Gooding or Miss Jordan following discussion with parents and pupils. If this is something you would like to talk about further, please contact us at any time.
Further information can be found on the MHST website;