Acceptable Network / Internet Use Statement
For Staff, Parents, Governors and Users of the Service’s Internet
The IT infrastructure and system is owned and managed by the school/service and is made available for pupils to further their education and for staff to enhance their professional activities including teaching, research, administration and management. The service’s Internet Access Policy has been drawn up to safeguard all parties – pupils, staff, community and the school/service at all times.
The school/service reserves the right to examine or delete any files that may be held on its computer system and to monitor any Internet sites visited.
- Access should only be made via an authorised account and password, which should not be made available to any other person.
- Activity that threatens the integrity of the school/service’s ICT systems or that attacks or corrupts other systems, is forbidden.
- All Internet use should be appropriate to staff professional activity or to a student’s education.
- Sites and materials accessed must be appropriate for use in a school. Users have a responsibility to avoid the use of inappropriate content and report its use to a member of SLT immediately.
- Users are responsible for all e-mails sent and for contacts made that may result in e-mail being received.
- The same professional levels of language and context should be applied as for letters or other media, particular as e-mail is often forwarded.
- Posting anonymous messages and forwarding chain letters is forbidden.
- Copyright of materials and intellectual property rights must be respected.
- Legitimate private interests may be followed, providing service use is not compromised.
- Used for personal financial gain, gambling, political purposes or advertising is forbidden.
- Email and social network accounts that are linked to the school/service should carefully consider the contact used and the effect that its use may have on the wider school community and its reputation.
Staff, students and users of all IT devices requesting Internet access should sign a copy of this Acceptable Internet use statement and return to the ICT manager for approval.
I accept that my online behaviour is likely to be monitored, will meet the expectations and guidelines set out in this document and will not affect the ICT infrastructure, its users and the reputation of the school/service.
Below are useful links for parents/carers regarding internet safety. Please click the links.